1. Device for collecting faecal discharge in incontinent patients
- Helps containment or management of faecal output;
- Comprises of a collector for faecal discharge which is a self-expanding resilient collection component, a housing sheath and a transit component;
- License Agreement has been signed for transfer of the technology to the Start-up company “Consure Medical Pvt. Ltd” formed by the inventors of this technology;
2. A medical device for limb immobilisation
- Immobilises and supports the injured parts of the body, especially the extremities;
- Useful at pre-hospital/ pre-treatment stage;
- Generally flexible, cradles the injured body part providing it stability;
- Secures the body part such that no further damage is caused to the injured/fractured portion until treated by a clinician;
- License Agreement has already been signed for transfer of the technology to HLL Lifecare Limited, Thiruvananthapuram.
3. Device for neonatal resuscitation
- Helps administer artificial respiration to a new born baby;
- Easy to use and effective in resuscitation when the baby is not able to breathe or has stopped breathing;
- License Agreement has been signed to transfer the technology to Windmill Health Technologies Pvt Ltd, a start-up company formed by two of the SIB Fellows from batch-2011.
4. Patient Transfer Sheet
- Useful for transferring a patient between transfer surfaces;
- Device is lightweight, easy to operate in the field with easy transfer of a patient, even during emergency procedures, requires less manpower, and is easy to store, and cost effective;
- Patient friendly, can be laid under the patient for a substantially long time, so that the device need not be positioned under patient each time a transfer is required;
- Updated prototype after incorporating the user feedback is being transferred to M/s MGM Associates for which an Agreement has already been signed with the company.
5. Auditory Impairment Screening Device
- A novel hearing screening device to screen newborns in resource-poor settings;
- Licensed on August 1, 2013 to Sohum Innovation Labs Pvt.Ltd, Bhopal
6. Soft Tissue Biopsy device and Device for concurrent Biopsy and Hemostasis
- A safer and easier way to perform percutaneous aspiration liver biopsy, in order to reduce variation in tissue sample;
- Licensed to Indio Labs Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore on September 5, 2013
7. Paracentesis device and Assistive Device for NG Tube Deployment
These technologies have been licensed to M/s Mecmaan Healthcare Private Limited, Bhahadurgarh on December 7, 2013.
- A kit comprising of collection unit, transfer line, storage unit
- Simplifies the process.
- Makes paracentesis easy, safe and effective.
- Stage of early prototyping and bench top testing
- Patent Pending: 3839/DEL/2012
Assistive Device for NG Tube Deployment
- An accurate way to insert an NG tube to provide internal nutrition to patient with neurological dysphagia.