This website your browser does not support. Please upgrade your browser Or Use google Crome
Technologies developed and transferred under Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre (HTIC), IIT, Madras
1. Mobile Eye Surgical Unit (MESU ™)
- A self contained, safe and sterile mobile surgical facility that performs cataract surgeries on site
- This first-of-its-kind technology and delivery model in the country consists of several engineering innovations to meet safety and sterility requirements in rural settings.
- Following the successful pilot of 486 surgeries that demonstrated clinical feasibility and viability, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has given permission for its extended operation
- Independent assessment report by the Ministry analysed the cost effectiveness and efficiency of MESU and found it to be ready for scaling up
- Computing technology for extracting information from eye images
- Can help address the problem of wider accessibility to eye care
- Can be deployed to create screening and diagnostic solutions for a range of vision-threatening diseases, such as diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration
- HTIC collaborated with Forus Health to develop a custom image computing solution for 3nethra based on HTIC’s Eye-PAC™ technology (eye image processing, analytics and computing platform).
- Powered by HTIC’s Eye-PAC™ technology, 3nethra has now reached over 140 installations across 10 countries– India, China, France, Thailand, Guatemala, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Oman, Mauritius, and Somalia
- Eye-PAC™ technology’s intelligence in extracting clinically important information enables screening for eye diseases even when an expert is not available
- Those who are tested positive during screening can later be sent to an expert for referral and diagnosis.