TATA INNOVATION FELLOWSHIP: 2017-18 – ADDENDUM
Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in biological sciences and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
The scheme is aimed at rewarding interdisciplinary work where major emphasis is on innovation and translational research with a potential towards commercialization.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as on 21st November, 2017. The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his organization.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology / related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/Institute/ Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application (six copies) may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website (www.dbtindia.nic.in) and duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. A. K. Rawat, Director, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003, latest by 15th April, 2018.