For a developing nation with limited financial resources, human capital is the most crucial asset. The DBT has helped nourish many talents who have been appreciated globally as some of the most brilliant minds.DBT is implementing an Integrated Human Resource Development Programme in multidisciplinary areas of biotechnology, comprising
India can take pride in being one of the first few countries in the world to start PG courses in biotechnology.The department has taken special steps to improve hands on training for undergraduate science students and faculty improvement programmes by providing support to selected colleges under Star College Scheme.
The support has strengthened physical infrastructure in laboratories, libraries, teaching aids, and promoted networking between different science departments as well as neighbouring institutes. This programme has enhanced interest among students to pursue science courses for higher education. A few new unique initiatives have been implemented in HRD, such as the Biotech Finishing School, jointly with Karnataka State Government and an Online Feedback System by postgraduate students for DBT-supported PG teaching programmes.
We work towards…
- Generating trained manpower at postgraduate level
- Offering fellowships for doctoral and post-doctoral research training in India
- Providing short term hands-on training to mid-career scientists and UG & PG teachers in life science and biotechnology
- Providing hands-on training to biotechnology students in industries
- Enhancing the quality of undergraduate science education in colleges
Our programmes include…
- Post graduate teaching programme
- Short-term training courses for upgrading the skills of mid-career scientists and UG and PG Teachers
- Star college Scheme for strengthening of UG science
- Industrial training of biotechnology students, education involved in life education and research
- Fellowships for Doctoral & Post-Doctoral research science and Biotech.
- Students Feedback: Portal for Review of Mechanisms & Protocols of Teaching – Department of Biotechnology has developed web based dynamic Portal for Review of Mechanisms & Protocols of Teaching (PROMPT: www.prompt-biotech.in/BCIL) for effectively capturing opinion and feedback of students’ admitted in DBT supported Post-Graduate teaching programmes running in 71 universities/institutes in country. PROMPT provides an opportunity to the M.Sc./M.Tech./M.VSc. students to give semester wise online feedback on multiple parameters including quality of teaching (practical and theory subject) taught by respective faculty members in university, laboratory facilities for hands on training, course curriculum, examination pattern, institutional facilities, seminar/presentation, dissertation, disbursement of studentship etc. PROMPT also provide the platform for in-depth assessment of individual teaching programme as well as comparative assessment to identify the strengths and gaps in particular programme for quality improvement.
- State Wise Details of Training Facility In Biotechnology
- Office Memoranda
- Task Force on Human Resource Development
- Composition of Expert Committee (Peer Review Committee) on Human Resource Development