Call status: Closed
Proposal deadline:31st July 2017
To promote research and intensify activities in Infectious Disease Biology, DBT invites LoIs for their evaluation and converting them into potential research programs to address issues in the area of ‘Repurposing of Drugs’. The specific objective of this call is to promote pre-clinical and clinical proof of concept studies for the potential application of approved drugs aiming at discovering new therapeutic uses for agents whose clinical safety has already been documented to move quickly into proof-of-concept trials in selected disease patient population.
The priority diseases/causative agents include:
- Viral – Dengue, chikungunya, H1N1 influenza, HIV, HBV, HCV, HEV, JEV
- Bacterial – Mtb, MRSA, Salmonella, Streptococcus
- Parasitic- Leishmania, Plasmodium, Leptospira
- Fungal – Aspergillus, Candida
The LoIs submitted under this grant announcement may be based on hypothesis/novel ideas stemming from consolidated previous clinical/basic research experience and must be clearly endowed with a strong translational research orientation. In order to achieve this goal, necessary expertise and methods should be brought together from basic researchers, clinicians, pharmacologists, and the proposals could be inter-disciplinary/inter-institutional.
The LoIs must clearly demonstrate:
- Novelty in the background of existing knowledge
- Intent and rationale
- Availability of a robust assay systems with high reproducibility to test the efficacy of the drugs
- Requisite infrastructure to carry out the proposed investigation
- Collaboration between clinicians, pharmacologists and basic science researchers
- Outcomes and deliverables
A team of basic scientists, clinical researchers, and pharmacologists with necessary skills and expertise and established assay systems required to carry out the proposed research are invited to submit the LoI through their institution/organization. The LoI with a maximum limit of 1000 words, and the investigator’s resume on a single separate sheet (including 5 best publications relevant to the proposal) should leverage on milestones, set timelines and defined roles of individual institutes/centers based on their expertise.
The call text can be downloaded here:
The LoIs, one soft copy in the pdf format(email@example.com) and two hard copies may be sent to
Dr. Sandhya R. Shenoy,
Medical Biotechnology Division,
Room # 725, 7th Floor,
Block II, C. G. O. Complex,
New Delhi 110003 by 31st July, 2017.