Call status: Closed
Proposal deadline: Friday 21st August 2017 by 17.00hrs UK time
About the Programme
On behalf of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India and the Department for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy, UK, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), the Department of Science and Technology (DST), India and British Council- India, and are pleased to invite applications for funding to support short-term PhD placements between Indian and UK institutions.
It is the fourth consecutive year Newton Fund India in partnership with DST and DBT is offering opportunity for the UK and Indian PhD scholars to spend a period of their study (2 to 4 months) in Indian and UK higher education institutions taking place between March to December 2018.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, 21st August 2017 by 16.00 hrs UK time.
Selection results announced by mid November 2017
Placements to take place between March to December 2018
The programme is envisaged to:
- Develop individual capacity through international training and development opportunities.
- Increase the number of highly trained researchers in the UK and India with international experience, able to contribute to the absorptive capacity for research and innovation and thus bring about economic and social benefits.
- Build cultural understanding, and foster long-term sustainable research collaborations.
- Develop international joint training pathways.
- Increase awareness of the research strengths of the UK and India.
The call text can be downloaded here:
For DBT – India
Dr. Sanjay Kalia
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
For DST – India
Dr S Mallikarjun Babu
Email ID – email@example.com
For British Council India